Erika is a partner working out of KPMG’s Denver and Boulder offices, currently leading KPMG’s Boulder office and Venture Capital practice. She has more than 18 years of experience advising public and privately held entities in the mid-market industries. She has extensive experience with public companies including 1934 Act filings, initial and secondary registration statements, mergers and acquisitions, and debt offerings.
Her primary area of expertise includes audit services, IPO readiness services, acquisitions including due diligence, technical accounting matters, and financial reporting. Professional and Industry Experience Erika has significant experience serving private equity and venture backed companies, including taking them through the initial public offering. She is also involved with our annual Growth Capital in the Rockies (GCIR) and IPO readiness conferences. Her experience includes public company filings, including debt and equity, business combinations and working with SEC comment letters.
She has experience in guiding companies through technical accounting issues such as revenue recognition, complex debt and equity agreements, sale leaseback transactions, share-based compensation, business combinations and income taxes. She is the lead partner on our IPO related courses, and has significant experience assisting companies in preparing for liquidity events. She has also served as a trainer, performance manager, and mentor for our younger professionals.
- Led six Denver based IPOs in the past four years.
- Accounting and financial reporting issues related to IPOs, business combinations, capital formation, revenue recognition and share-based compensation among others.
Publications and Speaking Engagements:
- IPO readiness courses, locally and nationally ·
- Business combinations technical training
- Member, AICPA
- Member, COCPA
Education, Licenses & Certifications:
- BS Degree, Metropolitan State University of Denver
- Board Member Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center